Well I think it is time to face facts and get to the doctor's for some help. Had a bit of a downer on Friday night which scared me as I felt so out of control. So it's time to do something before my whole world falls apart. Peter can't take much more - he says it puts him under pressure as he feels he can't talk to anyone or about anyone without my getting paranoid about it. Not only that but it has gone to my stomach and my digestive system is up the spout. I feel nauseous a lot of the time and have enough wind to power an airship!! Somewhat embarrassing as much as anything else.
Had my one and only Christmas do on Saturday - a meal at Back Inn Time with the guys from work and other halves. Food OK but company good although there was a lot of shop talk at times. Luckily Peter and I sat with Rob and Brenda and so avoided most of the shop talk and had a much more general conversation which was good. Just wish it had been a bit more lively - Christmas is supposed to be about having fun and letting your hair down.
Peter is out with the lads on Friday so no doubt he will get extremely drunk. They are getting a coach to some place in Ingatestone where it is drink as much as you like. He's convinced it will end up in a fight so we shall see if he's proved right. Then I believe he's going to Newcastle the weekend I pick up the girls from uni so he'll be out on the town then as well.
On the other hand we are going to be very grown up and go to the Da Vinci exhibition and then maybe a meal and a bit of Christmas shopping. Don't get me wrong, I love going to exhibitions and this is a must see, but I do wish we also did something a bit more lively at times. Mind you where we live is not exactly buzzing unless you are under 30 and not worried about getting caught up in a fight.
Last time we went to Newcastle I really wanted a good night out - it is supposed to be party central after all, but it was as dead as a dodo. Peter did not want to go up to some part of it where there are loads of places as it gets too rowdy especially as there had been a match that day. Also there were loads of places he would not take me to as he said they are too rough and all the gangsters go there so that was a bit of a downer. At least this time he did not leave me in the middle of the road on my own at night and then go off to bed while I could have gone anywhere or had anything happen especially as I did not have my phone with me!! That's a whole other story.
No comments:
Post a Comment