I'm not totally sure whether social networks are a good idea or not. I look at my Facebook and feel I must be very dull as nobody comments on my posts and it seems to carry on some of the cliqueness that exists at work. I'm not a naturally social animal - some people may stuck I'm stuck up or cold - but I just find it hard, even at my advanced years, to make small talk. However, this does leave me feeling a bit left out when everybody else is busy patting each other on the back.
I need to find some hobbies/interests to get me out of myself and mixing more. Trouble is I don't really know what!! I'm not really sure what I do like or what I could be good at which makes it a bit of a Catch-22 situation. I wish I had some passion in my life that I could turn to give me a sense of achievement or enjoyment. God I sound so pathetic. I really need to get a grip and stop wallowing - but wallowing is so much easier!! I've always been a bit on the lazy side I'm afraid.
Well Christmas is looming and I have not got a thing organised yet. We're planning a shopping day on Saturday so I can make a start even if it's just stocking fillers for the girls, cards and paper. At least it will be a start. Can you believe there are so many decorations up already and it's not even the end of November. I really think there should be a law that says no decorations before 1st December. After all, we all know it's coming and don't really need reminding this early!
The damned cat is waking us up earlier and earlier. She just sits next to the bed and squawks until I grab her and stick her on the bed even though she is quite capable of jumping up herself. The trouble is she then jumps off again, disappears for a while then comes back again. She has become almost like a small child needing attention - maybe it's a form of feline dementia. Whatever it is I wish it would stop so I can get some sleep!
Really want to see Wuthering Heights but none of the cinemas around here are showing it at the moment. It's all Tin Tin, Immortals, Arthur's Christmas. What happened to catering for the adult audience? Hopefully it will turn up at some point as it would be a shame to miss it. Mind you at this rate I might even have time to read it again before I see it. I haven't read it for more years than I care to remember but it is sitting on my Kindle so maybe I should get reading.
Nearly time for It Takes Two. I'm a Strictly fan and this year has been great fun to watch. The competition is really hotting up and am so impressed by the way Alex has come on since the start of the programme. I hope she goes far.
No comments:
Post a Comment